Presbyterian Women [PW] of the First Presbyterian Church of Youngstown inncludes all the women of our church, to foster involvement and mission opportunities in the church.
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to:
- Nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- Support the mission of the church worldwide,
- Work for justice and peace,
- Build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
- Lydia Circle: craft group for sistership and to create things to sell at the annual PW Bazaar, all skill levels welcome
- Rip & Stitch: interdenominational quilting group, all skill levels welcome
- Sarah Circle: Bible Study using Horizons Magazine Bible Study
Fundraisers to help the church fulfill its mission:
- Fall Bazaar
- Christmas Cookie Sale
- Spring Rummage Sale
- Christmas Dinner
- May Mother/Daughter/Sister/Friend Dinner
- Summer Picnic
- September Tea
- Birthday Offering
The Birthday Offering is a PW offering collected in the spring of each year to celebrate the blessings in the lives of Presbyterian Women.
- Thank Offering
The Thank Offering is a PW offering collected in the fall of each year that gives women a tangible way to express their gratitude for the special blessings in their lives.
- Fellowship of the Least Coin
O Loving Creator, we present ourselves in your divine presence to thank you for all the bountiful gifts of life. We are especially grateful for the Fellowship of the Least Coin, which binds us together in love and forgiveness around the globe. Free us from all doubts and prejudices, we pray. Inspire us to live in solidarity with humankind, that we may know the joy of giving and receiving. Dear God, accept this least coin “token of love.” Make us mindful of the miracles of these coins. Let us honor your creation with love, as shown through the life and resurrection of your Son, Jesus the Christ, Amen.